Take your knowledge and command of the science behind positive psychology to the next level by joining the Mind Fitness study group.
Facilitated by expert positive psychology practitioner Mel Neil, the Mind Fitness study group provides an energising learning forum for like-minded, inquiring people to unwrap and distill current research about optimal functioning and flourishing.
What will you study?
Each month, Mel Neil will guide the study group in the thoughtful analysis of a peer-reviewed positive psychology research paper. The papers are carefully selected to cover both established and emerging positive psychology topics and researchers.
Who should attend?
The Mind Fitness study group is akin to ongoing professional development for positive psychology enthusiasts. It is designed to support the learning and enhance the knowledge of people who already have a foundational knowledge of positive psychology.
Study Group Participation Options
Individual Papers – Are you keen to learn about a particular topic? Do you want to try study group and see if it is right for you? Do you already have multiple commitments on your time? You can register as a study group participant for a single paper for just $25.
Three Papers – Are you a positive psychology buff looking for an informal yet substantial way to keep improving your knowledge? Guarantee your participation and secure a happy discount by signing up for three, consecutive study group sessions for $60.
The first three papers for 2016 are:
- A dynamic approach to psychological strength development and intervention – Robert Biswas-Diener, Todd Kashdan and Gurpal Minhas. The Journal of Positive Psychology, 2011, 6:2, 106-108
- Updated Thinking on Positivity Ratios – Barbara Fredrickson. American Psychologist. 2013 Advance online publication. doi 10:1037/a0033584
- Becoming happier takes both a will and a proper way: An experimental longitudinal intervention to boost well-being – Sonja Lyubomirsky, Rene Dickerhoof & Julia Boehm. Emotion, 2011, Vol. 11, No. 2., 391-402
NB: Mind Fitness deliberately only provides a three month lead with the study group research paper reading list. This allows Mind Fitness to be responsive and flexible with the sessions’ focus to incorporate newly published research and reflect participants’ study interests.
Dates and Times
- Paper 1 – Wednesday 18th May, 7:30pm
- Paper 2 – Wednesday 7th July, 7:30pm
- Paper 3 – Wednesday 24th August, 7:30pm